I posted earlier about the fact I had been offered a last minute appointment for botox, which was the next step in attempting to manage the chronic migraine I have had for over a year.
I’m just back and have a few updates:
- Having a needle inject toxin into your face and neck 31 times feels exactly how you might think it feel. It bloody hurts 😭
- It will be worth it if it works, but I won’t know for at least a week if it’s had any impact
- I have to be careful not to rub the little lumps where they injected, or I could end up with a droopy face
- There were zero injections around the crows feet area. Which is disappointing
- I have been left with a burning feeling where they injected, which shouldn’t last long
- There could be an autoimmune response which gives ‘flu like symptoms’ for a few days. I should not assume I have coronavirus and self isolate for 14 days. Darn it.
That’s all for now. I’ll update in a few weeks and leave you with a lovely picture of the needles they use…